Conduct daily cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are accurate within ASW. Effectively and accurately researches discrepancies of physical counts versus counts in ASW. Plans, organizes, and checks accuracy of inbound deliveries including physical counts and BOL discrepancies.
- Count inventory
- Research discrepancies
- Perform basic math functions
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space in comply with safety procedures
- Oversees the rotations of inventories within the warehouse as needed
- Keep branch accessible for branch staff and visitors Additional Functions/Job Duties
- Load outbound trucks
- Pull will call orders when needed
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information, counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels on packages, wooden crates and boxes.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Inserts items into containers, using space fillers, and protective padding.
- Lift and move heavy items/packages as required. Use a computer as needed for email and internet information.
- Select appropriate carriers/truckers to fill needs, both domestic and international and complete necessary shipping documentation.
- Track shipments as needed.
- Other warehouse duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience working in a warehouse environment and inventory control
- General fluency in English required, verbal and written
- Computer literacy required, prefer knowledge of MS Office
- Forklift certified is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate to management and other team members
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time as a primary job responsibility • Capacity to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. intermittently during a typical work shift • Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties • Utilize all material handling equipment without assistance • Fulfill customer orders as needed including all material handling • Perform job duties in severe weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, etc. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is usually moderate to noisy, and a fast paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Category: Supply Chain
Req ID: INVEN01576