WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler (Forklift Operator)
5950 Grassy Creek Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
The Material Handler – Assembly position is responsible for loading and unloading trucks; warehousing product and materials and supplying production lines with requested product and/or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspect forklift daily at the start of the shift insuring all safety features are operational.
- Complete checklist documenting inspection.
- Safe operation of forklift, moving materials throughout the facility. Assure all materials shipped and warehoused are handled in a manner that prevents damage.
- Load and unload trucks; warehouse products and materials.
- Use an RF scanner for receipts, issues to lines, returns, and bar code locations.
- Verify all counts, quantities and descriptions of products and materials received, shipped or warehoused.
- Service production lines, delivering product and/or components as requested.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork associated with the movement of product and materials.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the warehouse and the loading docks.
- Perform regular inventory and cycle counts.
- Safely change forklift propane tanks and/or batteries as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years’ experience on material handling equipment (forklift) is required; must have proficient math skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described in the Task Development Worksheet are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED minimum.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.