WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Storeroom Supervisor - West Point Mill - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
· Ensures compliance with all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
· Supervises six (6) inventory personnel
· Oversees appropriate level of stores inventory of operating and maintenance materials and supplies for the efficient operation of the facility.
· Reviews/monitors the following: Issue/receiving process, inventory counts/inventory accuracy & deliveries to internal customers within the West Point mill
· Reviews the daily reorder report for approval to maintain inventory needs from min/max standpoint.
· Effectively supervises stores staff and manages: Handling, security and distribution of incoming/outgoing materials and equipment. Also maintains stores buildings and remote locations.
· Recommends and implements improvements to maximize operating productivity, quality and efficiency while minimizing total cost of ownership.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with inventory, procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams at the facility and corporate to implement corporate and mill initiatives.
· Submit West Point’s inventory data/reports to mill & corporate management as required to meet periodic i.e. monthly requirements.
· Planning Aspect: Schedule regular meetings with procurement, maintenance, controller and operations manager of West Point to identify improvements, potential reductions and any issues that need to be discussed regarding inventory for the mill that impacts the mill from an operational/cost aspect.
· Work closely with procurement department (specialists and manager) for over shipments, damaged or delayed products
· Resolve inventory discrepancies i.e. that includes item research, location and resolution.
· Work in a team environment and be team leader on special projects
· Customer focused to meet end user’s needs
· Lead Safety for the area and attend team safety meetings.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred (Supply Chain, Business, or Accounting desired).
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain (purchasing, inventory, engineering or maintenance).
· Inventory administration and personnel supervisory experience a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel (creation of spreadsheets), PowerPoint (ability to do presentations), and Word (document creation).
· Travel (as needed) to corporate meetings representing West Point for inventory related meetings and/or additional training opportunities.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.