WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and
business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Warehouse Clerk – Scarborough, ON
The Warehouse Clerk – Assembly position is responsible for performing a combination of tasks to receive, store, distribute, and ship products and materials.
How will you impact WestRock:
- Schedule inbound loads of customer product and production materials and supplies to facilitate production needs.
- Schedule outbound shipments to meet customer due dates and requirements.
- Assure accurate verification of all counts, quantities, and descriptions of products and materials shipped and received.
- Assure safe and efficient handling of all products and materials.
- Facilitate replenishment of product and materials to production lines.
- Process shipping and receiving paperwork and transactions timely, including productions issues, transfers and returns.
- Transact inventory movements using inventory control system.
- Perform physical inventory, including periodic cycle counts.
- May require input to customer specific warehouse management system
Maintain a safe working environment and assure departmental compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Perform Material Handling position duties when needed.
- Interact with customers and vendors.
- Act as a liaison with other departments to ensure ongoing team effort and timely problem resolution.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and maintain warehouse cleanliness.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible working hours/shift work required
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of shipping and/or receiving experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, following correct procedures such as GMP, SOP requirements, performing all quality checks, complete and legible documentation.
- Able to work independently as well as working cooperatively with others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills- Microsoft Office, E-mail and AS400.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety andInclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/
Disabled/Veterans. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request for the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at (416)-253-4070 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.