Supplier Management Analyst
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY – SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT ANALYST
The Supplier Management Analyst will support the WestRock Procurement team in maximizing value through collaboration with the business units and supply base. Responsibilities include partnering with strategic sourcing, operations and suppliers to develop strategies and tools to drive value creation. The Supplier Management Analyst is expected to build internal and external relationships, manage projects and develop best practices. This role focuses on the support and day to day operations of areas such as Risk Management, Procurement Policy & Compliance, and Learning & Development as well as providing support to specific procurement projects. Negotiates one-off needs, gathers performance data, produce metric updates, and help manage the overall relationship with suppliers.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
Support Procurement teams in developing internal and external relationships to increase collaboration, drive costs out of the supply chain and leverage innovation capabilities of strategic suppliers
Facilitate workshops, brainstorming and management meetings on SRM
Key participant in cross organizational and cross functional teams in applying and improving the SRM process
Demonstrate ability to understand and evaluate alternatives and successfully manage through the change-management process
Introduces creative thinking and problem resolution
Works to understand and improve current processes, develop standardized processes, tools, communications across WestRock
Identifies and establishes strong business relationships with stakeholders and business owners impacted or involved
Benchmark current processes across industries, identify and implement improvements
Develop, coordinate and support supplier business relationships
Provide superior and proactive customer service to internal customers
Ensure risk mitigation plans, including contingency plans and corrective actions, are developed where appropriate for identified supply chain risks in support of sourcing strategy.
- Provide tracking support for progress against risk mitigation plans.
- Serve as the single point for change control and track changes over time for Risk Management process, e-Procurement tools and Global Procurement Policy
- Prepare analysis and presentation materials for review with Procurement leadership and business units.
- Support sourcing updates to operations leadership.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- Some experience of Supplier Management/Risk Management preferred
- Strong analytical and planning capabilities are a must, as is the ability to appropriately summarize key issues and provide insightful guidance to the supply chain
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and present informal and formal briefings at all levels, including Senior Leadership
- Ability to easily build rapport with stakeholders and deal with conflict.
- Ability to travel (10% – 20%)