Mill Sourcing Specialist - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mill Sourcing Specialist
The Sourcing Specialist will support the WestRock Mill Sourcing Procurement team in maximizing value through capability to develop and execute strategic sourcing programs, manage price mechanisms using a variety of techniques, implement physical and financial hedging, navigate the frequent force majeures in the resin markets, negotiate terms and conditions, contribute to legal contract creation, implement sourcing initiatives, manage supplier performance, effectively and appropriately communicate key program information to leadership and stakeholders, create and manage continuous improvement projects within purchasing programs, and support company eProcurement systems.
This role will engage plant personnel, division representatives, and senior level stakeholders. Communication is critical to the success of a Sourcing Specialist at WestRock. The ability to be responsive to supporting several Category Managers and drive for results. A candidate must be able to balance both the tactical and strategic nature of this position.
The Sourcing Specialist will be based in Richmond, VA and will have indirect reporting responsibility to several Category Managers and will have direct reporting responsibility to the head of MRO and Raw Material procurement.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
- Gathering and standardizing purchasing history data
- Creating and analyzing request for proposals
- Developing short/mid/long-term sourcing strategies aligned with the business goals
- Recommend, implement, and manage a variety of contract types
- Facilitating contract execution
- Implementing programs across multiple locations
- Supplier performance management
- Drive and support operational compliance
- Implementation of new supplier, material or part in production location(s)
- Own projects from idea to implementation to drive continuous improvement
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- Some supply management coursework or internship experience preferred
- Experience creating and managing projects
- Must be able to manage a project, timeline, and resources; individual must be able to own and drive execution for projects in which other people contribute
- Strong analytical and planning capabilities are a must, as is the ability to appropriately summarize key issues and provide insightful guidance to the supply chain
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and present informal and formal briefings at all levels, including Senior Leadership
- Ability to easily build rapport with stakeholders and deal with conflict.
- Ability to travel (10% – 20%)
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.