WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Forklift/Shipper Loader - Mooresville, NC
279 Mooresville Blvd
Mooresville, North Carolina, 28115
- Support the operation of a fast-paced packaging manufacturing facility
- Focusing on our customers’ success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing
Duties and Responsibilities
- To move units in shipping area and or load units onto machines or onto trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible to ensure that all units are banded properly; have a clearly visible load tag on them when being loaded; and that there are no broken or missing straps on the units.
- This position performs our last visual quality inspection. Position is also responsible to ensure that unit and truck counts are correct and that all paperwork is accurate.
- Individual must understand FIFO to ensure that inventory does not become aged. Position will also unload incoming material as needed and will be responsible to perform a visual quality inspection on items and ensure that unit and truck counts are accurate.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure our customers get the quality, consistency, and responsiveness they deserve
- Embrace the WestRock culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
What you need to succeed:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Forklift certification with 3-5 years dedicated forklift experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work shifts; available to work overtime
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read and understand an order spec sheet
- Read and understand load tags
- Understand unitizing and palletizing information
- Adapt and have ability to fit into plant safety culture
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive wage reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Comprehensive benefit package
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.