WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Regional Purchasing Manager - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
The Lexington, NC plant is seeking a Regional Purchasing Manager to plan, direct and oversee the purchasing department for Lexington and Greensboro which includes sourcing, negotiation, procurement, inventory management, and cost control.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Develops and oversees the procurement, sourcing, negotiation activity of purchasing department and key
corporate wide materials/services.
• Manages raw materials, inventory, and supply chain levels.
• Ensures the quality and on time delivery of purchased items from the supplier base.
• Manages all AP issues/exceptions as well as KANBAN process for Greensboro.
• Ensures the adequate supplies of purchased parts are maintained to meet sales requirements and
• Manages and facilitates all PP ordering.
• Fosters and develops excellent supplier relationships in a strategic manner.
• Ensures that the staff carries out purchasing activities in a fair, ethical and efficient manner.
• Ensures goods are purchased in an effective manner in reference to total costs.
• Supervises direct reports and ensures the timely and effective training of staff.
• Ensures that staff personnel perform their functions in a safe and efficient manner in order to meet our
internal and external customer expectations.
• Initiates timely performance reviews for staff.
• Maintains a first in first out (FIFO) warehouse.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent in related field is
• Experience in managing procurement and inventory control required.
• Must have minimum five years purchasing/supply chain experience.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.