About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Material Handler - Lexington, NC
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Remains current on all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains Warehouse organization, ensuring that stock is stored properly and in the designated location.
- Ensures that stock is labeled correctly and inventory counts are accurate.
- Loads and unloads trucks from the shipping and receiving docks.
- Delivers product receipts to the appropriate person.
- Verifies that the product being unloaded matches the BOL that is attached to the load.
- Cleans and maintains warehouse and common areas.
- Performs daily inspection of fork trucks and completes inspection sheets.
- Verifies that the production schedule matches the press schedule and pulls stock for all departments.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of operations in all production departments.
- Ensures all quality/service targets are achieved.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain a fork lift license.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.