WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Supply Chain Planner - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Serve as a liaison with customer services, and other MPS companies to ensure proper records are maintained. Ensure that scheduling/production has all information and tools to produce the product correctly and efficiently. Assist in meeting quality standards and delivery schedules.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Initiates, tracks, organizes, prioritizes and monitors multiple jobs through, production and completion.
- Coordinates press test jobs and checks, helping to solve objectives for internal and external customers.
- Creates and maintains specifications.
- Communicates specifications to production.
- Works closely with production/ other MPS locations and outside vendors in achieving print specific information.
- Communicates daily with production scheduler, operators, managers and other internal departments as needed.
- Initiates purchase orders pertaining to certain custom jobs, for example–dies and print cylinders, outside finishing requirement. This may involve outside sources.
- Communicates all changes, additions, and deletions to production and/or quality assurance.
- Communicates with purchasing concerning raw material.
- Communicates with outside suppliers for workability or raw material as needed.
- Collaborates with production and outside sources to achieve more cost effective ways of producing products. Collaborates with other departments to achieve working live jobs in production.
- Assists with various problem-solving activities, pre- and post- production meetings for new projects.
- Analyzes sales history against customer forecasts and compares analyses to current inventory levels
- Helps coordinate and communicate new tags and phase out of old tags, raw material, design changes with multiple departments.
- Helps review and manage inventory levels (through MRP) for parts where necessary for the business to build inventory levels.
- Calculates allocations (raw) make ready and press time for production.
- Resolves any billing issues, which includes closing of internal jobs, and can include opening purchase orders to MPS sites and external vendors before invoicing.
- Assists with special projects concerning new business.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred; minimum three years’ related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, MRP systems, core data and other Outlook products.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to multi-task under pressure and manage multiple projects at a high level of accuracy.
- Must have basic understanding of design, composition, proofreading, and print production processes.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.