WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Local - 2nd Shift Driver CDL - Holland, MI
635 East 48th Street
Holland, Michigan, 49423
How would you like to work for a company where we enjoy 3 days off one week and 4 days off the next? That is how our alternating schedule works at Westrock-MPS in Holland, MI. Our shift is a 12 hour day, 6 pm to 6 am. Our drivers are local to Holland and Allegan, MI.
We have a rare opening for a Class A CDL driver who has a minimum of 12 months of verifiable experience and who would like to get off the "over-the-road" race and work for a company where he or she will take pride in delivering products produced by our own company.
- Competitive pay
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation
- 401K with company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Triple time if working a holiday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understands and complies with all Department of Transportation standards and regulations.
- Builds good customer relations by consistently delivering on time and interacting in a courteous, professional manner.
- Delivers shipments to customers consistent with customer expectations, safety policies, and as a professional representative of MPS.
- Secures and inspects each load before loading. Skid packs the load if necessary.
- Picks up and delivers orders as scheduled by the shipping/receiving clerk or purchasing department. Hand delivers jobs off skids as required.
- Plans an efficient delivery route while also meeting customer delivery schedules.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner. Reports vehicle damage or defects to supervisor.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle.
- Ensures good customer relationships by consistently delivering shipments on time and interacting in a courteous, professional manner.
- Operates forklift to move or hoist shipments from the shipping/receiving platform to storage or work areas.
- Completes trailer maintenance log sheet.
- Assists the shipping department as needed.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have 1 year of experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, Class A.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record; record will be checked at least annually.
- Must report any moving violations on his/her driving record as they occur.
- Must have knowledge of mechanics especially with regards to the semi-truck and trailer.
- Must have strong mathematical skills to confirm counts are accurate.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, maps, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must have basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed.
- Must have knowledge of loading techniques.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed on long distance deliveries and pickups.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
#MI Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.