WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
General Worker/Support - 1st shift- Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Hicksville, NY
General Worker/Support- Hicksville, NY
● Issue raw materials in a timely fashion to designated work stations. Move work in process to designated areas. Segregate printed materials from other waste and dispose
How you will impact WestRock:
· Follows instructions accurately.
· Stage trays, cages, pallets, cartons, dollies, skids, cut material , folded material and waste containers as required
· Manage chipboard on and off of dollies and skids.
· Empty waste containers in each process area.
· Separate and properly discard corrugated, printed material, miscellaneous garbage
· Perform banding, stretch wrapping etc. of materials for shipment
· Deliver shipments to various departments
· Interface with truckers for outbound shipments, ensure all necessary documentation and samples are properly secured with outgoing shipments.
· Back-up for shipping, receiving and warehousing
· Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
· Follows established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines
· Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
· Keeps work area neat and clean.
· Performs all other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- List qualifications/requirements
- Prior warehouse experience is preferred
- Must have or able to obtain a fork lift license
- Must demonstrate knowledge of or ability learn safety rules and procedures and operating policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge (data entry).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self motivation.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING