WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Buyer- 1st shift- Hicksville, NY
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Hicksville, NY
Buyer, Hicksville, NY
How you will impact WestRock:
Initiates and executes purchase orders.
Negotiates and maintains competitive pricing for responsible materials and services.
Establishes and maintains performance objectives for responsible suppliers.
Ensures consistent quality for responsible materials.
Maintains inventory levels consistent with corporate guidelines.
Develops and maintains performance measurements for responsible suppliers.
Initiates and manages closure required Supplier Corrective Action Requirements (SCAR).
Maintains accurate and timely standard costs in material master data.
Coordinates required procurement communications across corporate companies.
Maintains an effective and timely feedback mechanism to suppliers on service and quality performance.
Corrects discrepancies between purchase orders and supplier invoices in a timely manner.
Assists in the development of material specifications for current and new products.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent in related field.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ procurement experience or related materials management responsibilities in the graphics design, paper, or related industries.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must have ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Must have ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Must have ability to use basic algebra and geometry to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, proportion, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must have ability to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers in a professional manner.
- Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to, telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
- Must have ability to establish, maintain, and retrieve information in databases.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.