About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, Purchasing - Evadale, TX
1913 Hwy 105 S
Evadale, Texas, 77615
The Evadale Purchasing Manager has managerial oversight of storeroom operations and is responsible for the coordination and supply of raw materials, finishing supplies, and other materials needed to run a successful Papermill and extrusion operation. The Purchasing Manager is the overall procurement process owner for the location, leading the day-to-day service relationship with suppliers, and the SBS organizations. The Purchasing Manager is a direct report to the General Manager & maintains close relationships with key area managers. Managing a service relationship involves constructing and implementing service level agreements, being the escalation point for ongoing issues, and developing, measuring, and reporting performance metrics. The manager works to efficiently deliver information between the business unit and the GBS & SBS organizations, identify cost reduction opportunities, and drive continuous improvement to the procurement process at the location.
How you will impact WestRock
· Manage the people, goals, KPIs, and company policies of the BU Purchasing & Stores department
· In conjunction with the sourcing & service management functions, closely manage supplier relationships and performance against agreed goals and metrics. Provide escalation process for ongoing issues to solve problems. Drive value through the SVM program management & reporting
· With a one company mind-set – conduct business unit ISO supplier performance evaluations; participate in company-wide supplier performance evaluations, and audit / visit as required
· Analyze spend to identify sourcing or business unit specific opportunities. Initiate & lead business unit efforts in achieving reduction in the total cost of ownership.
· Integrate the shared service processes tightly into the processes of the operating unit. Identify & facilitate location training programs in the procurement process
· Manage the measurement of GBS, SBS and BU performance against service level agreements. Identify & implement changes necessary to improve performance. Solve problems that are business unit generated that affect the efficiency of the sourcing or transactional organizations.
· Continually communicate & collaborate with the Global Business Services, Shared Business Support and Business Unit to ensure the enterprise goals and objectives are achieved including impact to financial goals through inventory management and working capital improvement.
· Provide strategy & sourcing, contracted & non-contracted, for specific business unit needs not managed through the Global Sourcing Team.
· Develop annual plan with business unit management to ensure procurement emphasis is properly focused.
· requirements to support new product development activities. Facilitate forecast price reporting to the business as required
· Provide visibility to risk and participate in activities to evaluate and mitigate risk potential to the business
· Support the location’s business excellence organization through provision of resources and information on sourcing strategy to SME projects and activities which drive savings and productivity
· Engage and share best practices with roll counterparts across the PBO
· Ensure procurement compliance: insurance, legal, internal and external audit, service agreements, purchasing policy.
· Perform ISO duties as dictated by the BU ISO Purchasing Procedures.
What you need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or sourcing related position
· Leadership skills
· Organizational skills specific to Purchasing and Mill Stores
· Communication abilities, written and oral
· Analytical competency
· Teamwork Skills – ability to work as a member of or as a leader
· SAP knowledge is a plus
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans