Procurement Analyst (m/f/x)
In this role, you will be accountable for supporting the analytical requirements of procurement and logistics sourcing categories working in partnership with the WestRock team in the US and business unit organizations across the Europe region. You will possess superior financial, data analytics and Microsoft Excel modeling skills and be able to apply them in a wide range of business situations. This role has a critical mission focused on providing the Business with transparency across procurement activities and helping the Company in sustainable growth as well as in minimalizing the risks.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Conducts analyses on spend data, designs analytical modeling templates and analyzes data for bidding and sourcing initiatives
- Designs RFI and RFP models after assessing each deal and ensures that all strategic data points required to evaluate the impact of bid pricing are included
- Mines and cleanses data across procurement categories and financial systems
- Builds relationships with business unit managers and category managers and facilitates frequent communication related to sourcing initiatives, data analysis and implementation
- Constructs detailed bottoms-up should-cost models for various procured products and services
- Models business award scenarios in a quantitative format, assists Category Managers with decision making based on financial impact to the company and drives key sourcing insights
- Interprets proposed contract terms and extracts information impacting data analysis scenarios
- Articulates clearly their understanding of each project and the results of the financial analysis to a variety of business leaders and decision makers
- Develops project-specific financial models to track cost productivity on finished sourcing projects
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- 3+ years of work experience in finance, supply chain analytics, or a data-driven operations role
- Expert-level Microsoft Excel Skills – including writing complex nested formulas to analyze financial and business decisions, pivot tables (incl. calculated fields), Vlookups, HLookups, Index/Match, data tables, developing scenario analysis models, data validation, goal seek
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Experience dealing with ambiguous situations, prioritizing projects and delivering timely results
- Requires strong and continual attention to detail, especially in analytical output and presentations
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work with a diverse team and to independently advance projects
What we Offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your analytical and management skills
- International work environment and projects.
- A career path with one of the most prominent and successful companies in the paper and paper packaging industry.
If this sounds great to you and you think you would fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!