WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Inventory Clerk-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking an Inventory Control Clerk who will be an integral part of the Shipping/Receiving Team providing physical and systemic receipt of raw materials, finished goods, spare parts, services and other expense items into the building, in a timely manner. Maintain an organized and clean receiving department. Accurately track material movements in and out of the warehouse by making the appropriate entries into the computer.
How you will impact WestRock
- Maintains a basic knowledge of operations and procedures for the receiving of materials into the warehouse.
- Completes training and maintains license for Fork Lift.
- Prepares for and facilitates physical inventory process.
- Researches and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Ensures that materials are issued to appropriate jobs.
- Conducts cycle counts.
- Ensures inventory accuracy for all raw material, WIP, parts, and finished goods.
- Assists in scheduling outbound shipments.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to telephone communication, office systems and record keeping.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.