WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Forklift Operator (Nights)-Hendersonville, NC
200 Tabor Rd
East Flat Rock, North Carolina, 28726
The Hendersonville Plant is seeking a Forklift Operator who will be an integral part of the Shipping Team and provide support to the Warehouse/Receiving Lead and/or Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the department.
How you will impact WestRock
- Receives finished goods into the warehouse and keeps in an organized manner.
- Receives raw materials into the warehouse and stages into designated areas.
- Receives work-in-process from outside locations and stages in assigned areas.
- Pulls finished goods according to the daily schedule provided.
- Identifies each pallet with proper information according to customer specifications.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Identifies and labels orders being shipped to outside warehouses.
- Completes training and maintains license for operation of forklift and pallet jacks.
- Performs other duties as needed
What you need to succeed
- Must have a minimum of 1 year forklift operation experience.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift license/certification.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.