About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Warehouse Supervisor - Dublin, GA
709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
This position will report to the Stock Prep Superintendent. The Warehouse Supervisor’s main responsibility will be to oversee day-to-day operations, inbound fiber quality, and crews’ performance. The Warehouse Supervisor will also be responsible to set daily priorities for each crew and work with Inbound Leads to execute plans.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
Inbound Day-to-Day Operations:
- Report daily inventory
- Work with spotters and Scalehouse when there are issues with inbound trailers/truck drivers
- Scale railcars in/out and release with railroad
- Review detention associated with inbound loads
- Communicate mill’s inbound fiber needs with the Supply Manager weekly to maintain agreed upon warehouse inventory levels
- Can make the decision to close the scale when the inventory is dangerously high and becomes a safety issue at the mill
- Communicates weekend direction on what needs to be done in warehouse i.e. housekeeping, what trailers need to be unloaded, special feed or stacking instructions
- Assist Logistics Manager in resolution of Scalehouse/spotting personnel and release issues
- Weekend call team member for Pulp Department
Inbound Fiber Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Have conversations as necessary with supply managers concerning quality of material, loading issues, etc.
- Approve new fiber supply points
- Is the final decision maker when it comes to rejecting a load or limiting the number of loads a supplier can ship to the mill due to quality issues.
- Should be included in any conversation concerning taking certain material that falls outside normal fiber specifications
- Ensures moisture readings are being taken properly on at least 90% of the inbound loads
- Update Bad Actors list and share list with Warehouse Operators
- Ensure pulper quality specs and production needs are met.
- Must be willing to assist and participate in Continuous Improvement projects for Stock Prep and other areas as needed.
- Lead warehouse improvement projects including: material flow through the warehouse, feed recipes to the pulpers, truck unloading efficiency improvements
- Approve IQE documents
- Troubleshoot any IQE issues including out of range truck weights and improperly completed forms
Inbound Crew Performance
- Ensure Warehouse Operator and Inbound Lead training materials are up to date
- Hold one-on-one training sessions with operators as necessary
- Train any new Warehouse Operators
- Hold quarterly refresher quality training with Warehouse Operators
- Evaluates Operator performance
- Works with Department Superintendent to administer disciplinary action when necessary
What You Need to Succeed:
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and to collaborate with other department personnel to obtain a safe and productive work flow.
- Must have strong leadership skills and good decision-making ability. Must be a strong team player.
- Has a good understanding of the IQE process.
- Has a detailed understanding of what is needed to coordinate outbound operations and how its requirements are communicated.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.