WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Inventory Specialist-1st Shift-Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Provide support to receiving, inventory control and logistics. Receive all incoming materials, perform inventory audits, and provide logistics support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives all inbound material daily.
- Performs material and finished goods audits daily.
- Prepares loads and bills of lading to ship daily.
- Distributes inbound overnight packages daily.
- Prepares outbound overnight packages daily.
- Participates in quarterly plant physical inventories.
- Locates and retrieves material, finished goods, ER per the help desk daily.
- Unloads and loads delivery truck.
- Operates stand-up reach and sit down forklift.
- Operates manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Drives company vehicle between warehouse and production plant when needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have 6 months to 1 year of experience in warehouse, shipping/receiving and forklift operation.
- Must have valid Texas driver's license.
- Must be able to pass insurance screening to drive company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully pass forklift test and certification process.
- Must have basic pc skills, including knowledge of email and word processing.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions and safety guidelines.
- An understanding of computer inventory systems is preferred.
- Must be able to pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.