WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Indirect Sourcing Manager - Cottonton, AL or Atlanta, GA
Highway 165 South, PO Box 40
Cottonton, Alabama, 36851
Indirect Sourcing Manager
The Indirect Sourcing Manager is responsible for maximizing the value delivered by our mill service provider supplier relationships and supply agreements. The Indirect Sourcing Manager supports the Mahrt, AL mill and reports to our Richmond, VA based Services Procurement, Senior Manager of Services Procurement .
The Indirect Sourcing Manager is responsible for setting priorities and managing strategic sourcing activity in the areas of local services, capital, and production consumables. The position also drives value and engages in sourcing activity for multi-site/national services suppliers.
The role owns aspects of the mill production consumables categories and is responsible for driving results through our supplier value maximization program (SVM) on all categories.
Locally, the role brings outstanding service and value by being highly collaborative with all mill stakeholders, especially engineering, maintenance and PEx (Performance Excellence). At a corporate level, the role is responsible for effective communication and reporting of local supplier activity and proactively driving engagement with peers and partners across the WestRock mill and corporate Procurement network.
The position will be based in Mahrt, AL mill (or in Atlanta, GA).
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR COMPANY
● Collaboration with stakeholders to determine critical specifications, scope of work, and service requirements
● Spend analysis to develop deep understanding of supply environment and ways to increase leverage
● Extensive understanding of local and national supply markets
● Mastery of Capital Sourcing processes and procedures to drive value and manage risk
● Leading RFP’s and review of competitive proposals from suppliers for award decisions
● Mastery of contracting process, including developing and leading negotiations of complex agreements in partnership with legal, compliance, risk, supply chain and others.
● Key point of escalation and primary negotiator to resolve mill issues with service providers
● Collaboration with peers to identify and adopt demonstrated best practices
● Drive integration between company and key suppliers in developing joint productivity
● Lead continuous improvement to drive meaningful changes in process, supplier or material as appropriate to deliver value beyond price
● Lead ad-hoc sourcing teams comprised of cross-divisional and cross-functional members
● Develop project plans, deliverables, metrics and milestones.
● Implement process disciplines and management systems necessary to achieve desired results
● Manage governance and control programs to ensure business continuity, protect company assets and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
● Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or 10 years related experience
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
● Experience in sourcing and procurement of capital equipment and services is highly desirable
● Proven results in managing and executing maintenance or capital projects and plant outage support
● Ability to work both independently and as part of a broader sourcing team
● Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate a vision and influence others to act
● Ability to multi-task effectively and bring initiatives to successful completion
● If based in Atlanta must be willing to travel approximately, up to 50% to Mahrt, AL. If based in AL minimal travel to other WestRock locations.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.