Shipping Clerk-Corona, CA
2577 Research Dr
Corona, California, 92882
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shipping Clerk- Corona, CA
Responsible for providing customer satisfaction both internally and externally by filling orders promptly and accurately. Ensures customers’ arrival dates are met by determining the best method of shipping. Ensures product is stacked properly to ensure a quality shipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Pulls orders when needed.
- Ensures all orders meet requirements for shipping accuracy and guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Obtains required export documentation when needed.
- Prepares and tracks consignment shipments.
- Processes consignment billings as received from the customer.
- Processes packing slips and bills of lading accurately for all shipments.
- Ensures all documentation is legible and accurate.
- Customizes cartons/skids for customer specific needs.
- Ensures “priority” shipments meet deadlines.
- Drives fork truck when needed.
- Operates small scale and skid wrapper.
- Moves and locates product in finished goods inventory system without error.
- Records receipts of raw materials and in daily log.
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed.
- Uses FedEx online systems.
- Prepares shipping plan/schedule.
- Directs drivers and warehouse personnel.
- Contacts and schedules carriers for customer pickups.
- Contacts and schedules delivery appointments when required by consignee.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have 6-12 months’ related experience and/or training.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have experience in Excel, Outlook, and spreadsheets, scanners, and bar codes.
- Must be able to learn and become or currently be proficient in computer programs.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must have knowledge of loading techniques.
- Must have the ability to operate a label machine.
- Must be capable of maintaining good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime, specifically on the weekends, as needed.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.