WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Shipping Coordinator - Bridgeview, IL
7601 South 78th Ave
Bridgeview, Illinois, 60455
"WestRock will be a company where each of us genuinely belongs, is respected and valued, and can do our best work, and where diversity, inclusion and equity are competitive advantages."
When you join forces with WestRock, our 45,000 team members support your success. We have more than 300 manufacturing facilities, design centers, research labs, and sales offices around the world. We offer global execution and local expertise that deliver seamless implementation regardless of where you go to market.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Processes dispatch shipping report daily to determine which orders are shipping.
- Coordinates material staging, shipments, pick and pack order fulfillment, expired inventory destruction, raw and customer owned inventory.
- Coordinates with Department Managers/Supervisors as necessary to stay current with order status and priorities.
- Coordinates and communicates with Customer Service and other teams to complete necessary paperwork.
- Reviews and communicates customer supplied routing/logistics guide.
- Based on client s specs, obtains special pallet pricing and works with carton manufacturer to come up with most efficient carton size, as necessary.
- Works with customer distribution center to ensure all necessary paperwork is in place prior to shipment.
- Notifies receiving warehouse (ASN) of estimated arrival of goods.
Works with MPS freight vendors to ensure timely pick-up and delivery.
- Tracks shipment while in route and stay involved as questions arise.
- Maintains communication with customer distribution center, freight forwarder, broker and importer of record until goods arrive at door.
- Operates a forklift adhering to the proper safety procedures.
- Follows company safety and security policies.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G. E. D.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a similar position.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have demonstrated strong, courteous, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have minimum of intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.