WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Trade Compliance Project Manager - Atlanta. GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Trade Compliance Project Manager – Atlanta, GA
As the Trade Compliance Project Manager, you will be responsible for implementing trade compliance projects that reduce WestRock compliance risk and ensure that import and export compliance programs are consistent with regulations. You will be responsible for supporting the Manager, Global Trade Compliance, with customs compliance project execution for WESTROCK.
How You Will Impact WESTROCK:
- Lead and implement trade compliance solutions to minimize compliance risk, reduce cost and improve transaction efficiency
- Work with procurement, product development, legal, tax, sales, and Supply Chain professionals, throughout the enterprise, to communicate and consult on various government requirements and documentation expectations. Monitor and interpret regulatory and legislative changes relating to Customs Compliance
- Provide subject matter expertise to Enterprise Logistics for M&A activity and joint venture partners
- Independently determine tariff classifications
- Perform internal and external divisional audits of both import and export processes and transactions while using judgment and discretion, to make independent decisions on the best of action to close the gaps.
- Use of Oracle Global Trade Management to:
- Create product classification database
- Screen trade partners against denied parties list to ensure compliance
- Issue USMCA and CAFTA certificates
- Identify best practices to continue implementation of Oracle GTM
- Create and deliver on-line Customs Compliance training
- Support Manager in development and implementation of Global Import and Export Management and Compliance program
- Create, and distribute corporate Import and Export Compliance Manuals
- Provide duty minimization guidance and, as applicable, review application of Free Trade agreements, identify duty drawback opportunities. Ensure correct determination of tariffs (including section 301 and anti-dumping).
- Develop and manage KPIs for the U.S. and Canadian Customs brokers
- Support the cross-functional responses to Customs’ Focused Assessment audits
What You Need to Succeed:
- B.S. or B.A. degree (Business, Supply Chain, or related field, preferred)
- 5 to 7 years business experience in one of the following areas: Import/Export or similar Trade Compliance and Operations, Customs Brokerage.
- Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist (the professional certification for the trade compliance professionals)
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and judgment in interpretation of policies and regulations
- Ability to work in a complex organization with multiple legal entities engaged in international trade
- Analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with technical writing acumen with a detailed orientation are essential to succeed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.