WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Rail Procurement Analyst - Atlanta,GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 36,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 240 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Rail Procurement Analyst
The Rail Procurement team conducts negotiations in excess of $400MM in spend. This position will support the Rail Procurement Department with ad-hoc analytics, savings identification and reporting, and any other items as needed.
- Analyze low cost modes between Rail, Intermodal and Truck to benchmark Rail network.
- Conduct rate audits to match railroad tariffs to WestRock systems.
- Weekly Report out of WestRock – Railroad financial balances.
- Responsible for Spot Rail Sourcing to support Enterprise Logistics Operations
- Maintain Rate Request Tracker
- Support Rail Procurement with RFP analysis and data management.
- Ad hoc analysis to support operations and sourcing projects.
- Maintains rail route guides and rate tables and ensures consistency throughout various systems.
- Maintains Rail Fuel Surcharge schedules and with monthly distribution.
- Rail Tariff Management and Knowledge Resource
- Review and Audit Lease Fleet Cycle Efficiency / Cost Evaluation
- Assist in report/presentation development for upper level communication.
- Support the Team by leveraging QTS and GE Visibility tool Analytics
- Monitor and report on US Rail Desktop and FTR Rail Market Indices
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation Management, or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- 1 to 3 Years Logistics Experience Required
- Rail Industry Experience Preferred
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate to peers and upper leadership
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills.
- Ability to manage rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
- Approximately 5-10% travel
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/