Logistics Coordinator - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to coordinate and administrate the compiling and record keeping of the needed documentation in order to maintain our transportation carrier’s status in our system. This role will assist mode managers with rates, analysis and various projects as well as send and receive carrier contracts, and work with legal, credit, risk and procurement management to ensure all parties sign off on contract negotiations. The duties performed by this position will help eliminate the risk of fines by government agencies and potential lawsuits due to accidents involving carriers used by the company.
- Truckload, Intermodal, Dedicated, and LTL carrier contract coordination and resolution
- Renew carrier documentation
- Administer and maintain changes to carrier documentation status
- Provide analytical support for project testing
- Create carrier profile in database, Cass, OTM, SAP, SOM, AS400, Transplace, and JDE-Corrugated
- Initially obtain and continuously maintain the required level of insurance and carrier legal docs and industry certificates, and continuous validation of carriers operating authority statuses in database
- Run weekly report of all active and approved carriers
- Act as department’s internal portal administrator and manage the carrier service portal while determining root cause and developing action plans between the carriers and facilities
- Provide freight rate estimates to facilities, customer service, and operations
- Run, send and track bi-weekly rate addendum’s to send to carrier vendors
- Main point of contact for internal and external audit requests
- Provide backup support to other departments
Qualifications and Special Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management or Logistics is preferred.
- Knowledge of transportation rate structures desired.
- Knowledge of transportation management systems (OTM, Manhattan, Transplace) desired.
- In depth knowledge of all modes of transportation desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of Microsoft Office suite software skills required.
- 1-3+ years transportation industry experience.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.