WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Inventory Analyst ( Supply Planner)
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Inventory Analyst – Consumer Papers
As a member of the WestRock Consumer Papers Supply Chain, you will be part of a team ensuring appropriate inventory of paperboard. Inventory Analysts determine the appropriate levels of inventory for their line(s) of business while considering machine production schedules, current inventory, service quality, and projected sales demand. You will perform inventory analysis daily as well as solve inventory problems, minimize product obsolescence, and meet the needs of the business. You will interpret the organizational supply strategy and determine courses of action accordingly which may include developing inventory programs, recommending make-to-stock vs. make-to-order fulfillment processes, and/or maximizing product availability. This position requires excellent communication skills and an ability to quickly understand stakeholder needs and how best to balance and meet those needs.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
As an Inventory Analyst, you will manage programs designed to provide world-class service to our customers in the most cost-effective manner possible. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer needs and working effectively with Commercial teams, Customer Service, Scheduling, and Operations
- Generating and driving metrics to measure effectiveness of programs
- Contributing to the development of new supply chain solutions to meet changing customer requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Mgmt., Operations Management, Logistics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience using analytical tools
- Strong skills in MS Excel; Working knowledge of Excel macros and/or MS Access a plus
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to resolve problems without close supervision
- Demonstrated experience organizing and manipulating large amounts of data and quickly identifying trends and patterns as well as initiating appropriate responses to findings
- Good organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- APICS certification and experience in related fields a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.