WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Executive Assistant provides senior-level executive and administrative support to the Chief Procurement Officer and procurement organization. He/she provides scheduling assistance, administrative support, record management, travel planning (including domestic and international), department budgeting and budget reconciliation, and processes purchase orders and invoices. The executive assistance also assists with drafting and editing of presentations and assists with other administrative activities for the procurement leadership team. This role handles highly confidential issues and matters of a sensitive nature. This position is required to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, and screen and prioritize communications from internal and external sources. Must be able to anticipate the needs of the Leader and proactively engage and take appropriate actions.
This position will be based in WestRock's headquarters location at 1000 Abernathy Road, Sandy Springs, GA.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Manages leader's calendar and handles administrative support for key activities and events. Keeps leader apprised of appointments/meetings or schedule changes and ensures leader has appropriate documents for meetings.
- Assists with budget creation, processes purchase orders and invoices, and reconciles department expenses to ensure budget alignment.
- Manages travel arrangements and proactively coordinates the pre-planning of trips including securing visas, hotels, transportation, processing passport renewals and other information as needed.
- Serves as liaison with staff from other organization functions as well as external clients and customers.
- Offers support and facilitates coordination of key activities and training for the procurement team
- Assists with the creation of PowerPoint presentations and overseeing key activities in support of special projects for the team.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Experience working with a large publicly traded organization preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Strong proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Technical ability with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials and ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Focused, dedicated, and organized with strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Able to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and collaborate with employees at all levels.
- Professional conduct and discretion exhibited at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.