WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Account Specialist
This position is located at 1000 Abernathy Rd. Atlanta GA. 30328
The Account Specialist is responsible for the management of assigned customer accounts and making decisions to manage these accounts in the most cost effective and efficient way that not only affects customers, but includes the mill operations, transportation, inventory and warehousing. This requires developing relationships with customers, evaluating customer needs and formulating plans to manage the customer's order to cash experience for an enterprise wide, multi-mill operations system.
This role will join our Export team and will support international customers across multiple continents and will deal with intermodal transportation needs (ocean, rail/truck). Any Export experience would be considered a plus.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Responsible for enterprise wide product knowledge and corresponding mill standards and be able to make determinations of how to match with the customer's requirements and business needs
* Maintain open and direct communication with customers to ensure a complete understanding of their needs and requirements
* Proactively identify issues that may inhibit customer satisfaction
* Process orders received from customers and sales team on a timely basis, using various technology applications
* Transportation mode planning for excess freight reduction
* Manage customer specific inventory to minimize aged inventory
* Provide prompt communication to the customer and sales rep regarding existing challenges in meeting requested ship dates
* Track orders and initiate changes per customer or sales requests to ensure on-time delivery
* Analyze inventory levels and make decisions to fill orders from inventory to best improve delivery time and manage to the lowest inventory levels. Also ensure customers are moving product as agreed
* Act as a liaison between customers, Production Planning and logistics throughout the order-to-cash cycle
* Proactively manage exceptions and be able to use discretion and influence to mitigate cost to serve
* Provide market intelligence to the business by visiting customers to develop relationships and become educated on the needs of their business
* Work both independently and with the business unit team to manage customer needs
* The Account Specialist will communicate with customers, sales, transportation, mills, technical associates, claims, billing and credit departments. The position will provide account management and maintain master file data, handle trials, load optimization, delivery tracking and creating/maintaining reporting to customers.
* Participate in a collaborative, cross-functional Sales Planning process; measuring and developing actionable improvement plans for key performance metrics
* Provide short term plan adjustments as necessary in response to unexpected events
* Develop and maintain a relationship with customers to ensure product availability and zero stock-outs of critical SKU's
* Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
* Utilize data from various sources for optimal decision making
* Advise on and implement process improvements
What you need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree - preferably in one of the following disciplines: business, supply chain, or industrial engineer OR 10 years of related experience
* Experience in customer service, account relationship and order management within the manufacturing industry.
* Experience with heavy data entry and strong attention to detail.
* Strong problem solving and verbal skills with ability to communicate with all levels including Executive and Senior management.
* High level proficiency in MS Excel
* Any experience with Elixir or iSmart is considered a plus.
* Ability to work with cross functional team partners to resolve issues to maintain customer satisfaction
* Work proactively to complete all tasks timely, accurately, and completely
* Experience to anticipate customer requirements and integrate requirements into supply chain practices; strong customer focus
* Self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled