WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Rep II
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
Receives and processes routine customer orders, inquiries, and/or complaints covering items or products ordered. Maintains an ongoing relationship with selected customers and sales staff. Incumbents utilize knowledge of products and product availability to provide a communications link to the customer. Applies basic skills and procedures for the position within assigned functional area. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Serve as a critical communication link between customers and WestRock
- Serve as an intermediary between the customer and various departments within WestRock
- Perform data entry functions for order entry and other tasks
- Track inventory levels and establish economic order quantities (EOQ)
- Enters data to create product designs for the manufacturing department
- Complete monthly tracking reports as needed
- Actively participate on appropriate project teams for operational and system improvement
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need To Succeed:
- Requires a high level of attention to detail
- Strong math skills and Excel required
- Relevant work history will be strongly considered in absence of degree
- Self-starter with a customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, be self-managed, and manage time effectively
Knowledge of industry is a plus. Knowledge of manufacturing and inventory processing is a plus. Knowledge of Six Sigma or lean manufacturing process as it relates to customer service is a plus.