Corrugated Sales Representative - Mesquite, TX
700 N Sam Houston Rd
Mesquite, Texas, 75149
The Corrugated Sales Representative for Food and Beverage will solicit and develop prospective users of Food Service packaging via a value solutions sales approach. The role is to grow market share through new business development and growth while meeting and exceeding business sales goals set forth annually.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Develop a business plan for each account in addition to identify, solicit, develop, and secure new folding box business opportunities within the territory
• Grow market share, product margin and book of business within assigned territory.
• Prepare, organize, and present customer presentations
• Coordinate use of other company resources (e.g. customer service, technical, plant operations) to provide value added services to accounts
• Provide analysis and information on sales forecasts, new business, and budget preparation
• Generate revenue that meets divisional objectives
• Be able to convincingly deliver a presentation on product lines and competently handle questions and objections
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of assigned territory through a structured and consistent territory management process that results in increased sales activity
• Manage time efficiently to achieve completion of prioritized tasks
• Report and monitor sales activity and performance against a target on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
• Accurately and efficiently deal with all sales inquiries in a timely manner
• Generate sufficient sales leads to achieve targeted revenue
• Grow the business with existing customers
• Systematically manage all contacts to better service and target the customers and prospects within the territory
• Establish an effective working relationship with customer service representatives and other key internal team members
What you need to succeed:
• A Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline preferred
• At least 3-5 years successful, verifiable, and progressive sales experience maintaining major account relationships and meeting personal sales targets within the full line of products or combination of products
• At least 3- 5 years of sales experience with a QUANTIFIABLE record of success in new business development, and sales goal achievement
• Proven prospecting, follow-up, and consultative selling abilities
• A strong business acumen, leadership skills, negotiation skills, conceptual and analytical skills, and interpersonal effectiveness
• Prior outside Sales experience within the Food Service industry strongly preferred
• A solid understanding of distribution models and providers that operate specific to Food Service
• Knowledge and experience selling “stock” products for Food Service is a plus. Examples include clamshells, boats/trays, barns, buckets, etc.
• Knowledge and experience selling to Quick Serve Restaurants and/or Fast Casual Restaurants a plus.
• Ability to travel
• Strong communication skills
• Good computer skills
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.