WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Representative - Mebane, NC
7411 Oakwood St Extension, PO Box 408
Mebane, North Carolina, 27302
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Customer Service position has primary responsibility for establishing strong relationship with appropriate Customer contacts to assist in business maintenance and development; Work collaboratively with Production Planning, Quality and Operations to meet customer, plant and division objectives.
HOW WILL YOU IMPACT WESTROCK - MPS:
- Receives and responds to customer inquiries. Requests can range from pricing and placing new orders, new artwork, order complaints or A/R assistance
- Communicates with customers in a timely and professional manner (delivery issues, production shortages)
- Acts as a liaison between Customer and Scheduling/Manufacturing to ensure that all customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Prepares quotations for customer and follows up to generate further customer interest.
- Sales Support – provides administrative support to sales team
- Coordinates new business reviews with Project Management and Planning
- Monitors and resolves financial issues pertaining to open items, accounts receivables, pricing and billing discrepancies
- Maintains appropriate corresponding files for documentation
- Provides other assistance to the Customer Service Manager as requested
- Works to promote teamwork at all levels of the company
- Willing to work flexible hours, if necessary
- Perform all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties
- Must be able to back up each employee in department
- Performs other job duties, as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have an Associate’s Degree from an Accredited Two-Year College or Technical School; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one-year experience in related field
- Competent in various software applications and certifications, such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to include follow-up and accountability. Attention to detail is critical to maintain accuracy and fulfill customer expectations.
- Professional customer satisfaction skills needed to maintain positive external and internal relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include effective listening. Must be able to understand and/or explain technical procedures.
- Ability to easily adapt to fluctuations in business cycles and workload.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Sound judgment in decision-making, remaining calm under pressure
- Exhibits maturity during a crisis maintaining composure and completing tasks
- Willing to work toward a win/win solution; promotes harmony and unity among peers