WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Planner Packaging - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
Serve as a liaison with the internal functional areas, sales, customer service and manufacturing to ensure efficient proper communication and documentation is maintained. Ensure that scheduling and manufacturing have all information and tools to produce the product correctly and efficiently. Proactively assist in meeting quality standards and on-time delivery.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
Reviews artwork (pre-flight separations) and works with production managers on all new projects during pre-planning meetings before job enters manufacturing.
Works closely with production to achieve most efficient production estimate.
Plans jobs based on an estimate and/or customer’s specifications.
Plans the layout (manual or electronic) and calculates paper size and spoilage.
Creates a job ticket for manufacturing in Pecas System.
Initiates the ordering of stock, ink, dies and any material required to produce the product.
Communicates as needed with Customer Service Representatives regarding account issues.
Communicates all changes, additions and deletions to manufacturing and /or quality department.
Coordinates schedules with outside vendors.
Requests pricing as needed.
Initiates Outwork Documentation in Pecas System.
Works with the local vendor on scheduling and specifications
Obtains the final layout approvals from the outside finishing vendor, as needed.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred; minimum three years’ related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and other Outlook products.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to multi-task under pressure and manage multiple projects at a high level of accuracy.
- Must have basic understanding of design, composition, proofreading, and print production processes.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.