WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Manager - Aurora, IL
1601 East Mountain St
Aurora, Illinois, 60505
The Customer Service Manager manages the activities of a team of two Customer Service Representatives, ensuring effective delivery of service to all levels of internal and external customers. This position requires mentoring, coaching and leadership skills.
The CSM serves as the primary liaison with paperboard and corner post sales, logistics & shipping staff on the effective delivery of customer service. The CSM assists in interviewing and hiring Customer Service Representatives and will assist in training and development of staff as a member of the plant leadership team. The CSM will have a great knowledge of order entry process and pricing structures development
How you will impact WestRock:
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with all our customers, sales and production staff. Incumbents utilize knowledge of products and product availability to provide a communications link to the customer. Applies some advanced skills to the position within functional area.
- Records and processes orders and/or inquiries received by mail, fax, email, telephone, and/or through customer personal contact.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
- Sets up new customers in our AS400 System and provides our Credit Department (home office) with all the documentation necessary for the credit approval.
- Suggests alternative products or services to meet customer needs.
- Checks and approves credit within established limitations and confirms orders.
- Obtains resolution of routine customer complaints and issues.
- Serves as communication link between customers and sales staff to assure responsiveness.
- Tracks order activity in our production scheduling system (KIWI) and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems.
- Tracks warehouse inventories and replenishments.
- Partners with Sales Manager and clients to assess product needs.
- Work with internal resources including CTS, Angle Board, Paperboard Production and Fulfillment to initiate and complete projects and orders
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Do regular “store checks” to assess the quality of finished product in the marketplace
- Prepare various customer service and business activity reports.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of industry related experience required
- Manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Mentoring, coaching, and leadership skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point), Adobe Acrobat
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.