WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Inside Sales Leader - WestRock Enterprise
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The Inside Sales Leader will be responsible for leading the Inside Sales organization and growing sales and profitability by setting the Inside Sales strategy, managing the performance of the Inside Sales organization, and implementing center driven initiatives. They will partner with the Directors of Inside Sales (DISs) for the Corrugated and Consumer divisions to provide strategic guidance and develop, measure, and adjust the Annual Business Plan for the Inside Sales organization in each division in cooperation with the division sales leaders.
This role will also be responsible for interacting with leadership across the business to ensure the Inside Sales organization is effectively supporting organizational priorities and identify appropriate adjustments to interaction models and priorities as needed. In addition, they should provide leadership and coaching to their direct reports and develop the inside sales managerial talent pool. Lastly, they will drive efforts to recruit, hire, and onboard new Directors and Managers of Inside Sales.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Commercial SVPs and Chief Commercial Officer to set the overall commercial strategic direction and objectives
- Set Inside Sales strategic direction and define objectives for the organization
- Develop annual business plan for the inside sales organization
- Interact with leadership across the enterprise to communicate the strategic direction and value of Inside Sales
- Lead the roll out of Inside Sales capability across the enterprise as directed by the Chief Commercial Officer
- Manage, coach and develop the Directors of Inside Sales
- Align with Sales leadership on Inside Sales strategy; collaborate with Inside Sales Directors to implement center-driven initiatives to strengthen sales efficiencies, grow market share, and improve customer experience
- Proactively identify market trends and competitive pressures and adapt strategy and plan in response
- Contribute to development of the annual budget for the Inside Sales organization, and maintain accountability for achieving aligned upon sales and cost targets
- Maintain fundamental knowledge of products, policies, and merchandising information to manage market growth and ensure team knowledge
- Coordinate with supply chain and operations leaders to align on activities that affect both sales and operations (e.g., which customers to serve) and make decisions that are best for the overall profitability and growth of the company
- Champion the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Commit to the principles of Sales Excellence and enforce them throughout the inside sales organization
Critical Skills / Capabilities:
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategic direction of a team
- Ability to build and maintain an organization within an enterprise
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with executive level leadership and managerial reports
- Strong ability to draw insights from data and use insights to drive decision making
- Excellent presence, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Team player; works exceptionally well with others
- Strong accountability for decisions and work
- Salesforce.com or similar CRM software
- Microsoft Office applications
- This role typically works indoors, in an environment that is climate controlled.
- The role is frequently sedentary, which entails sitting or being stationary most of the time and walking/standing or being mobile occasionally.
- This role requires frequent monitoring of a computer terminal.
- Previous 3rd or 4th line managerial experience is required, minimum 5 years
- Minimum of 10 years of previous sales or related experience required
- Experience in fiber-based packaging industry is required
- B2B inside sales experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required