WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Strategic Sales Representative - Atlanta, GA
4464 South Old Peachtree Road
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
WestRock has an opportunity for a Sr. Strategic Sales Representative to prospect and cultivate customer relationships within the Atlanta region. Using your prior sales experience and upcoming training you will bring high value to our Atlanta plants by offering our existing customers and targeted new accounts the best possible solutions and develop future opportunities to grow with them. If you are a hunter by nature, competitive, and have a heart for service then you will fit well into our culture.
Within this critical role, you will work within the Atlanta Business Unit with the opportunity to grow and retain current customers, identify potential new customers, and strategically manage and develop your overall sales portfolio. You'll be provided the resources needed to differentiate yourself, and our products in ways that provide innovative packaging solutions to your customers.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assist our sales team with a focus on business development by identifying, soliciting, developing, and securing new business opportunities within the Georgia market
- Develop a sales plan for the strategic pursuit of each account using a “value” based pursuit approach
- Work with local management to coordinate the extensive use of our company resources (e.g. design, automated packaging solutions, machinery / automation, high graphic packaging products, and sister division – Enterprise offerings) to provide value added solutions to accounts
- Prepare, organize and make high impact customer presentations
- Drive results with the expectation of hitting budgeted sales goals
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline preferred
- 10+ years of successful, verifiable and progressive sales experience maintaining major account relationships and meeting personal sales targets within the full line of products or combination of products
- 10+ years of solutions selling experience with a quantifiable record of success in new business development, and sales goal achievement
- Proven business development skills in prospecting, follow-up, and consultative selling abilities
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, negotiation skills, conceptual and analytical skills, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Prior outside sales experience within Manufacturing, Corrugated Packaging, or related industry strongly preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.