About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
APS Sales Specialist - Orlando, FL - Remote Chicago area
4364 34th St
Orlando, Florida, 32811
Automated Packaging Systems Sales Specialist –Territory TBD
WestRock is one of North America’s leading providers of innovative packaging solutions. Over the years, WestRock has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We’ve done this by creating and following a bold strategy of exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, WestRock has focused on developing highly innovative and differentiated packaging and paperboard solutions that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The company now operates approximately 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
The primary purpose of the Automated Packaging Systems Sales Specialist position is two-fold: Responsibility for new business development, including sales of the organization’s products/services, primarily packaging equipment & system solutions and the overall management, retention and growth of the existing client base. The incumbent will be responsible for all follow-up for existing accounts. There will be three position levels based on the individual’s experience, knowledge, performance and other distinguishing variables, as indicated below.
This position will be responsible for TBD territory. Travel required.
1. Grow net revenue and volume generation by pursing and opening new customer accounts in an
assigned region and managing/enhancing revenue and profitability of assigned, existing accounts by:
· Identifying and recommending solutions to customers that promote sustainability and cost optimization opportunities through the investment in packaging machines and systems
· Partnering with Corrugated Sales Reps and other teams within the corrugated container division to develop existing and new accounts by selling packaging machines and systems
· Identifying, developing and maintaining sourcing opportunities, target customers and market trends
· Providing exposure of technological innovations to internal Corrugated Sales Teams, including presentation of APS products, services and new developments at territory sales meetings
2. Manage both internal and external customer relationships, providing value-added technical support by:
· Answering complex questions as it relates to equipment and services provided by the Company
· Generating ongoing status reports to ensure contracted/expected volume levels will be actualized
3. Complete special projects, as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated technical competence and initiative
- Broad understanding of different types of equipment, technologies and packaging capabilities relevant to the packaging industry
- Professional approach to problem solving and business
- Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long term packaging solutions
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership skills, insightful business judgment
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some experience with CAD software
· Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience with capital equipment in the packaging industry, preferably related to the corrugate industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or technical degree with industry experience
· Solid knowledge of and experience with various types of packaging machinery and systems used in the food, beverage, and consumer packaged goods industries.
· Solution seller, relationship builder, hunter mentality, detail oriented, ability to build trust
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and build customer relationships
· Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Strong electrical/Automated aptitude pertaining to machine applications
· Ability to interface with a variety of plant personnel from different disciplines
· Goal oriented and driven to become and impactful contributor to the business
· Willingness to accept a challenge and inclined to take initiative
· Self-managing and ability to execute sales strategies
· Detail oriented, technically adept and computer proficient, i.e. experience with MS Office Products, AutoCAD viewer, etc.
At WestRock, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider WestRock as your employer of choice.
Westrock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V