WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Customer Service Manager - Mishawaka, IN
1925 Stone Court
Mishawaka, Indiana, 46545
Supervises and manages Customer Service Representatives at the WestRock location in Mishawaka, IN. Handles all pricing. Serves as liaison between customer, business acquisition and order fulfillment to ensure customer satisfaction with products and service.
How you will impact WestRock
- Customer Contact – conducts phone calls, coordinates and attends customer visits, submits sample requirements to QA, obtains credit information, coordinates applicable UPS or Fed Ex shipments, expedites orders and shipments, completes new business forms, attends pre-flight meetings and sends out order acknowledgements.
- RFQs – enters requests for quotes and submits pricing to customer and sales representative, prints spreadsheet quotes, pulls worksheets for new business.
- Customer Approvals – follows up with customers regarding status of approvals.
- Specification Maintenance – supervises maintenance of carton specifications, global specifications and department instructions, maintains customers in the system, and revises specs/instructions based on manufacturing feedback.
- Inventory Monitoring – monitors roll stock and finished goods.
- Sales Support – provides administrative support to sales team.
- Provides other assistance to the Plant Manager as requested.
- Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions. Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all required PPEs to perform duties.
- Monitoring and effectively utilizing the receiving capabilities of the individual internal box plants to maintain appropriate inventory levels while scheduling open orders
- Effectively employing the master schedule, ensuring orders are scheduled and sequenced to meet on-time delivery and the order fulfillment objectives of the business unit
- Works with Supply Chain Planners to maintain a steady paper supply to plants in an effort to eliminate order bunching and
demurrage while ensuring no stock outs of required grades and width
- Effectively use the Kiwiplan Scheduling Software to manage order backlogs focused on on-time delivery to the end customers while maintaining high levels of efficiency on production equipment
- Willing to work flexible hours, if necessary.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent organizational skills to include follow-up and accountability.
- Professional customer satisfaction skills needed to maintain positive external and internal relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include effective listening.
- Must be able to understand and/or explain technical procedures.
- Proficiency in computer applications to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to easily adapt to fluctuations in business cycles and workload.
- 3-5 years experience in scheduling/planning in a process manufacturing environment
- Some travel may be required to other plants.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.