About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sales Representative - San Francisco, CA
201 S. Hillview Dr
Milpitas, California, 95035
This Sales Representative position will support our Milpitas, CA corrugate manufacturing plant. The sales territory is in the North Bay, Redwood City, San Jose, Fremont, Fresno and Milpitas areas. The primary focus of the Sales Representative position is on large or complex customers within the territory. The position typically involves critical and complex products requiring a high level of client relationship building and value added selling skills to maintain competitive positioning. The position will report to the Sales Manager.
How you will impact WestRock
• Plan strategy to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets.
Develops business plans for each account.
• Coordinate use of other WestRock resources (i.e., technical, advertising) to provide value added services to accounts.
• Develop strong client relationships over time that provide significant input to planning company product, price and service strategies. Utilize value added selling skills.
• Support supervisor and other sales professionals in developing new market opportunities in the designated territory or market.
• Solicit new business opportunities within the territory. Prepare quotes and estimates; maintain Customer Quote Book.
• Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation.
What you need to succeed
• Experience within the paper and packaging industry. Corrugated experience preferred. Other industries such as food, beverage, CPG's, produce, industrial packaging may be considered.
Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3+ years successful sales experience selling products and services within the paper and packaging.
• Good computer skills with Excel, Word and Powerpoint. SalesForce.com knowledge
• Ability to work successfully from a home office and travel 90% including overnight travel
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans