Sustain and expand current relationships with customers and buyers, as well as develop new customers, new sales strategies and facilitates the sale of all horticultural products. In addition, identify new programs and product designs that are in alignment with customer needs, and acts as a liaison between all sales channels, customers and JHH departments.
How you will impact WestRock
- Answers phones in a professional manner.
- Makes outbound sales calls to assigned customers in order to reach sales goals.
- Develops and grows sales within a specified territory working with team members to achieve the company’s sales goals and objectives.
- Provides customers with value-added solutions/products to enhance the current sale (up-selling) and overall accounts profitability.
- Responds to customer inquiries.
- Serves a primary contact between all sales channels, customers and JHH internal departments.
- Creatively solves problems to achieve sales and customer objectives.
- Updates and/or adds correct names, titles, telephone numbers, email addresses of decision makers into Goldmine/HP System.
- Enters orders in MCS accurately/completely to generate less than 0.5% credits as a percentage of gross sales revenue on a monthly basis.
- Submits territory activity when requested by Management.
- Develops and reports competitive information on market conditions, new product ideas, account potential, industry trends and sales strategies.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships within the Horticultural industry.
- Travels to meet key customers face to face as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Must have a minimum six months of business, business sales (preferably telephone), or customer service experience.
- Must have experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Outlook products including recordkeeping, database activity, word processing, spreadsheet and graphics.
- Must have strong time management, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and collaborative selling skills.
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must be able to measure accurately with a standard ruler.
- Must be able to compile data and form marketing campaigns that can be used via electronic mail.
- Must have a basic understanding of design, composition, proofreading, and the printing process.
- Must have the ability to write simple correspondences.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Must be able to use basic math in order to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, occasional weights and measurements.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information or assistance to customers.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.