WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Location and/or Business/Division Details (if applicable)
Title Project Manager - Golden Valley, MN
The role of the project manager is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines within the budget. This includes acquiring necessary information, organizing tasks and goals for the project, communicating those tasks and goals to the larger team, and managing the project to ensure they are completed accurately and in a timely manner. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and execute/oversee the project until the completion of the project life cycle.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Direct and manage projects from beginning to end
* Work with customer/operating unit points on the team to gather information on project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders
* Develop full scale project plans and associated communications documents including timelines and critical milestones
* Effectively communicate project expectations and timelines and delegate assigned tasks to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Proactively identify potential crises, resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and devise contingency plans where necessary
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations to key stakeholders
* Coach, mentor and motivate supplier partners, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
* 4 year degree - preferably in a business related field
* 5 years of project management experience
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled