This role will serve as a liaison between Corporate Accounts, WestRock plants and Customer locations, effectively providing specialized support for designated WestRock customers to find expert advice, and resolution of needs/wants regarding packaging & packaging related issues. Additionally, this position will provide a value based selling approach to engage WestRock resources at designated locations to ensure customer critical business issues are met.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Support supplier plants in improving overall service by being a point of contact between WestRock and the customer.
· Manage both internal and external customer relationships, providing value-added sales and service support solutions.
· Track monthly quality and on-time delivery metrics from all supplier plants and coordinate improvement efforts with WestRock and customer quality personnel.
· Maintain and develop Site Level Execution Agreements (SLEA’s) between the customer and WestRock to ensure customer service requirements are met.
· Develop a robust communication plan to conduct quarterly SLEA reviews with customers and key WestRock personnel to ensure both Company and customer are living up to their agreement(s).
· Complete and develop Opportunity Plans that are in support of and align with Corporate Account’s Key Account Profiles (KAP’s).
· Review Opportunity Plans with appropriate Corporate Account personnel on a regular basis.
· Develop and maintain confidentially and trust of partnership.
· Assist in the research and development of new products and processes, and provide technical input.
· Coordinate new item, product development projects including sampling, test runs, market research, etc.
· Present recommendations for improvement to the appropriate customer management teams; actively.
· Maintain SalesForce with customer updates and information.
· Participate on the appropriate project teams to ensure implementation.
· Resolve accounts receivable issues for assigned accounts.
· Model safety best practices and processes at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· Four year college degree from an accredited institution preferred, or equivalent education/experience
· Five or more years related experience in sales, project management, marketing and product/package design and/or training
· Broad understanding of different types of equipment, technical and packaging capabilities relative to packaging industry
· Knowledge/understanding of structural and graphic design, marketing, estimating and fiber based packaging
· Strong analytical skills
· Technical/functional excellence
· Safety minded
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.