WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
* Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient, timely and accurate responses to customers, sales and the operations department
* Proactively develop new designs and offer improvements on existing designs for cost reduction, performance enhancements, innovations, etc.
* Provide, as required, new concepts or improvements on existing designs to Sales or Design Manager, monthly
* Process samples and sample requests timely and accurately providing CAD drawings and tooling estimates as requested
* Work directly with specified customers as designated, on sales calls and design presentations
* Active participant in the ADVANTAGE customer audits
* Create and produce high quality prototypes that will be efficient and cost effective with high consumer appeal, utilizing the CAD system and cutting table
* Assist account managers with customer interaction on sales calls and design presentations, including displays
* Work closely with graphics designer providing designs and prototypes, taking into consideration the capabilities and limitations of plant machinery.
* Continually develop a thorough understanding Kiwi, Amtech, automated packaging, CAD, Artios and/or TOPPS and the cutting table
* Coordinate regularly with tooling suppliers
* Coach and mentor as appropriate
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 2 year technical degree
* 4 year technical degree preferred
Previous Work Experience
* Equivalent work experience to a two year technical degree
* Two year corrugated and CPP preferred
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled