WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Occupational Health Nurse - Stevenson AL
1611 County Road 85
Stevenson, Alabama, 35772
The Stevenson, Alabama Mill manufactures corrugated medium and is one of North America’s largest fully-integrated semi-chemical pulp and paper mill. Stevenson, Alabama is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. The Stevenson Mill overlooks the beautiful Tennessee River, and the mountains and lakes in the surrounding area offer plenty of outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, or hiking. A short drive to either Huntsville or Chattanooga offers a variety of restaurants, nightlife, museums, concerts, shopping, or other interests.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Health Nurse Professional (must have "occupational" experience working in manufacturing or a "plant" environment) .
Reporting to the Safety Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of health-related tests, maintaining records, administering first aid, and other duties required to professionally administer the occupational health care needs of employees.
· Administer first level medical care and assessment
· Maintain and monitor occupational health related functions such as hearing conversation, respiratory and return to work programs and processes within an industrial setting
· Coordinate and promote employee wellness initiatives
· Record keeping, documentation and reporting including medical, OSHA, Workers Compensation and company required information
· Administer drug screening collection process
· Case management and follow-up
· Interface with medical community
· Serve as resource for mill emergency medical responders
· Provide occupational health related training
· Provide administrative assistance
What You Need to Succeed
· Possess and maintain a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. A Registered Nurse (RN) is preferred
· Three plus years industrial nursing/occupational health work experience in a manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of OSHA related occupational health standards
· Case management experience
· CPR/First Aid instructor certification through National Safety Council, American Heart Association or recognized entity.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING