1001 Latta St
Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37406
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Safety Manager position is responsible for all activities related to occupational safety and health within the manufacturing facility and will ensure that the facility is in compliance with OSHA regulations and WestRock safety policies/guidelines, and to recommend and assist in the implementation of health and safety programs.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Coordinate first aid treatment to plant and office employees.
- Participate and assist the team leaders during an incident investigation.
- Facilitate Problem Solving sessions to identify the root cause of an incident.
- Maintain contact with injured employee and expedite return to work.
- Provide Safety training for new hires (hourly, Salary and onsite vendors), Safety orientation for visitors, and Safety refresher training for veteran employees returning from an absence of 90 days or more within the manufacturing facility.
- Work closely with management team to ensure safety training format is followed during employee training.
- Complete monthly safety compliance report for each manufacturing facility.
- Provide general counsel to employees and management on matters related to employee adherence to plant safety rules.
- Trainer for ergonomics, safe start, powered industrial trucks and other safety related training.
- Provide guidance to management in the handling of complaints and discipline that are safety related and consult with Human Resources and Divisional Safety.
- Prepare and communicate all WestRock training material to the Production supervisors
- Attend and participate in the Production supervisor’s handover meetings twice a day to assist with or facilitate safety talks.
- Assist the Plant Manager in the plant stand downs following a safety incident.
- Prepare routine safety reports as required by WestRock Corporate and Divisional Management.
- Provide information as needed for record keeping associated with OSHA and WestRock SMS.
- Review Near Misses/SOAR observations initiated by Production supervisors and enter in tracking log.
- Act as liaison with safety associations.
- Safety committee responsibilities, prepare agenda, take minutes, keep track of action item list, and attend the manufacturing safety committee meetings.
- Learn and facilitate all safety program requirements and maintain supporting documentation within the manufacturing facility.
- Chair SAFE Steering team meetings.
- Act as the Support Emergency Coordinator in bomb threat, disease issue or outbreaks and weather emergencies.
- Maintain all site specific written regulatory programs.
- Operator forklift and certified to facilitate Material Handler training.
- Act as DOT coordinator for sites of responsibility.
- Assist in special duties and projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Divisional Safety Manager.
What you need to succeed:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to Execute - Targets and achieves results, sets and accomplishes challenging goals, prioritizes and manages tasks effectively, maintains an organized system to monitor progress, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets standards and responsibilities, may provide leadership/motivation.
Commitment to Task - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts ownership of projects and outcomes, takes personal responsibility and sets objectives/standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements, shows a sense of urgency about getting results.
Communication - Clearly exchanges thoughts, ideas and messages through written, verbal and non-verbal methods that promote an understanding with the target audience. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers engaging presentations, shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner. Listens carefully and attentively.
Customer Focus - For both internal and external customers, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met in a timely manner, solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
Diversity - Supports an inclusive workplace, incorporates different viewpoints and ideas to maximize performance and contributions of employees, develops strengths in team members, deals respectfully with colleagues, customers and vendors at all levels, understands his/her role in building and sustaining a culture of high performance.
Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development, demonstrates a bias for action without prompting.
Innovation - Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, pursues ongoing improvements, supports change, encourages originality, solves problems creatively.
Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems, seeks opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Safety Mindset - Promotes a respect for safety, keeps workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs, policies/procedures, takes preventative and corrective action to address potential safety hazards and prevent future injuries, resists temptation to cut corners where safety is concerned, follows all safety related company policies and complies with location specific safety rules, drives safely on and off company property.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
4 + years experience in supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment
Effective process management skills
Excellent communication skills
Associates or Bachelors degree highly preferred.
High School Diploma or GED required
OSHA 30 Hour Training General Industry and Construction
WestRock’s Fundamentals of Safety Compliance Course
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills including Excel and Power Point.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.