Warehouse Supervisor, Weekend Shift – Winston-Salem, NC
This position is responsible for the shipping, receiving and material handling functions within the Warehouse.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Coordinate and monitor the activities of employees engaged in receiving, shipping and transporting product and materials; assure production lines are serviced efficiently
· Maintain safe working environment through education, training, and continuous improvement of material handling functions; identify and correct safety deficiencies
· Assure adherence to warehouse SOPs, cGMPs and work rules
· Responsible for proper maintenance of all warehouse equipment, including scheduling preventative and routine maintenance
· Manage inventory through cycle counts and audits to verify results; investigate and correct discrepancies
· Maintain documentation of customer requirements and train warehouse personnel accordingly
· Responsible for compliance with OSHA, DOT and IATA regulations and standards
· Responsible for performing supervisory functions such as training, employee development, performance evaluations, and enforcing company policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
· Strong Leadership Experience
· High school diploma or GED with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a warehouse environment and prior supervisory experience preferred
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word as well as AS400 experience preferred.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans