Production Supervisor, Paper – West Point, VA
We have an opening for a Production Shift Supervisor to work in partnership with managers and employees at our West Point, VA mill. This position is responsible for the successful floor level leadership of the daily operation of the mill to achieve maximum sustained safety excellence, environmental compliance, ensuring quality specifications are followed and production targets are maintained at or above budgeted levels.
What you need to succeed:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with 3+ years relevant experience or High School diploma/GED and 10+ years related experience.
Working knowledge in the majority of these programs: Outlook Email, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office to include Word, and Excel with the ability to learn new applications.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to make decisions based on alarm or upset process conditions that may be critical in preventing major breakdowns.
Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
Ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Company and department requirements.
Leadership and Motivational Skills
Previous work experience in a unionized location is preferred
Previous supervisory experience is preferred
Computer working knowledge such as Microsoft Office, IT Basics, EPAM, PI
Analytical and Decision making skills
Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide Leadership and coaching to rotating shift operational crews in the Paper Machine and Shipping Department
- Facilitate the training of each crew member on the crew to get the most out of training in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the trouble shooting effort on the machines, issues in shipping, issues with quality, and issues with winders.
- Monitors the workmanship of the crews and the compliance of the crew to the standards for environmental, quality, safety, and Westrock standards
- Conducts and completes accident investigations, near miss investigations, and contractor investigations
- Communicates to the mill staff through reports, phone, meetings, and face to face about status of area, planned repairs, solutions to issues, and safety status
- Directs the shift mechanical and electrical shift crew
- Help to plan and execute outages in the Department
- Over sees the emergency work being performed in the department on their shift.
- Provides the guidance and leadership to maintain the housekeeping of the departments
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.