WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This position is responsible for the movement, loading, placement, and storage of rough cut and finished lumber in the mill. Candidates for this position must have experience operating high capacity lifts (35,000lbs) proficiently in a fast paced environment. Must possess the ability to follow directions and work without constant supervision and have knowledge of basic mechanics. The ability to lift heavy loads, work in high places, and endure extremes in temperature or harsh weather conditions are also necessary.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Planer Outfeed Area
* Remove packs from the Strapper operation in a safe and timely manner to avoid any downtime at the Strapper
* Transport finished lumber from the Strapper to the finished lumber sheds
* Inspect packs to ensure ready for shipping
* Planer Infeed Area
* Remove packs from the rough dry sheds in a safe and timely manner to avoid any downtime at the Planer Infeed
* Transport finished lumber from the rough dry lumber sheds to the Planer Infeed
* Help prepare lumber packs for the infeed process
* Properly transport and stack packs to avoid quality defects and product down grades
* Keep lumber lift route paths, staging areas, and storage areas clean and orderly
* Keep reliable and accurate records i.e. lift inspections and operation/safety observations
* Clean around machinery, clean equipment and tools.
* Any other tasks assigned by supervisors
What you need to succeed:
* Comply with work instructions, procedures, and company policies
* Exhibits professional conduct at all times
* Demonstrated commitment to Safety, including housekeeping and ability to multi-task
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Physically capable of lifting and placing cross pieces on packs of lumber (as much as 50 pounds).
* Able to distinguish size, widths, lengths, or types of lumber.
* Able to keep up with production demands
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions and policies.
* Willing to cross-train in various positions, be self-motivated, possess good work ethics and team work ability.
* Able and willing to work a rotating shifts, long hours and week-ends as the rotation schedule requires
Education and Experience
* A high school diploma or GED
* One year experience operating a 35,000 lb. or larger forklift in an industrial environment
* Forklift Operator Certification required
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled