WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This position performs a variety of basic tasks. A candidate for this position must be in good physical condition as he/she will be required to work within conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily. Must also possess the ability to follow directions and work without constant supervision
Operator must be able to operate all Forklifts in safe and productive manner while stacking rough green lumber on Kiln trucks and in green yard as well as when putting lumber in dry sheds.
What you need to succeed:
* Fully supports the Safety Program at WestRock - Summerville Lumber Mill.
* Complies with Company policies and exhibits professional conduct at all times.
* Physically capable of lifting and placing cross pieces on packs of lumber (as much as 50 pounds).
* Keep close attention to quality when stacking packs to avoid down grade.
* Must be able to distinguish size, widths, lengths, or types of lumber.
* Must be able to stack lumber on Kiln trucks.
* Must be able to keep up with production demands at green stacker.
* Must keep assigned Forklift clean and greased.
* Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and overtime.
* Must be able to drive a 35,000 pound Forklift.
* A high school diploma or GED
* Safety and good housekeeping are a must.
* Must be able to read, write and understand written materials. Perform basic math computations as required for safety, quality, and production functions.
* The ability to follow oral and written instructions and policies.
* Should be able to communicate verbally and with hand signals.
* Other duties as assigned.
*All eligible candidates must:
* Achieve minimum Work Keys Assessment scores (Locating Information - Min 4 and Workplace Observation - Min 2)
* Pass an online pre-employment assessment
* Successfully pass a drug screen and pre-employment physical
* Must have acceptable work references and background check
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled