WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is seeking candidates for Production Technicians. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning you will be required to perform work in conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily. As a technician, you will learn multiple operations. You will also be responsible for cleaning up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
* Learn and become proficient at multiple operations
* Keep the work area clean throughout the shift and at the end of shift
* Assist other team members, as needed
* Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
* Partner with maintenance as operations SME during machine downtime
What you need to succeed:
* Work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
* Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
* Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
* Team player that enjoys working in a manufacturing team environment and learning multiple operations
Education and Experience
* A high school diploma, GED, or WorkReady SC Career Readiness Certificate
* At least six (6) months of continuous prior work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
* Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
* An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
* A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled