WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Corrugator Die Cut Operator-Food Service Packaging - St Louis, MO
St Louis, Missouri, 63147
Our WestRock Food Service Packaging plant in St Louis, MO, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Corrugator Die Cutter Operator Position in the production dept.
This is a skilled level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company operation.
This is a 2nd Shift 6:00pm-6:00am shift, 3 days one week 4 days next week, rotating schedule. Work only 14 days per month, every other weekend off. Additional overtime required as customer demands.
Benefits include insurance, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays and shift premium.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Capable of performing all essential functions of the Die Cut Operator job as defined in the respective Job Description
2. Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
3. Maintain full compliance of all GMPs.
4. Participate and ensure department is compliant with YUM!/SQF audit regulations.
5. Operate Die Cutter and inspect finished product to ensure quality specifications are being adhered to.
6. Ability to adjust equipment and dies to run efficiently.
7. Ensure daily production standards for efficiency and waste are met or exceeded and reported.
8. Execute make readies within standard time constraints and free of damage to tooling or equipment.
9. Periodically check, repair and ensure all associated tooling is in good working order.
10. Coordinate all equipment repairs with Production Manager and maintenance team.
11. Conduct PMs as prescribed.
12. Ensure that all paperwork and computer entries are completed in timely manner and are accurate.
13. Read and understand product specification sheets.
14. Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
15. Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).
16. General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
17. Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down 18. Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
19. Product Identification and Labeling 20. Use of PDE system
21. Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
22. Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris.
1. Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required
2. Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
3. HS diploma or GED required.
4. Industrial packaging manufacturing experience is preferred, not required.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans